Accounts & Finance Executive
Full Time (5 days/week)
(remote work for the time-being)
(mention your expected salary in the cover letter)
Bohubrihi is an EdTech company that offers professional online courses, career-track programs and corporate eLearning services to help people master new skills and accomplish more in life. These courses and programs are created in collaboration with the best of industry experts and organizations in Bangladesh.
We are looking to hire a smart and motivated Accounts & Finance Executive who will –
- maintain day to day accounting functions and company finances meeting all compliance requirements;
- ensure timely and accurate financial practices including cash management, financial disbursements, ledgers, VAT & TAX, all types of payments, etc. and maintain all financial records.
- Maintain & prepare day to day accounting documents and transaction records (journal, ledger, receipt, invoices, cash book, bank book etc.).
- Prepare the monthly salary sheets of the company.
- Manage payment operations of the employees (salaries, benefits etc.), vendors and clients, maintain receipt & payment statement, billing, etc.
- Manage relationship with bank, bank accounts and conduct bank payment operations.
- Understand financial regulations and compliance; ensure timely completion of all VAT & Tax returns, license & subscription renewals and the audit work.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports (cash flow statement, income statement, balance sheet etc.) and identify areas for potential improvement.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Assist in monitoring of capital expenditure of the company.
- Maintain cash flow projections & financial forecasting.
- 2 years of experience in mentioned job responsibilities
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance. Masters/ MBA/ Professional Certification will be a plus (not mandatory)
- Decent writing (emails, letters, proposals, reports, statements, etc.) and verbal communication skills in both English and Bengali
- Working knowledge about payments (internal and external), accounting principles, tax, VAT and audit requirements.
- Freshers and candidates without professional work experience are discouraged to apply
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-paced, unstructured startup environment
- Solid organizational & multi-tasking skills and incredible attention to details
- Good typing speed and fluency in using MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Google Sheet and Google Docs
- Working knowledge of accounting software will be a plus
- Opportunity of working with a very young, friendly and ambitious team – consists of people from BUET, DU, IUT, BUP and more.
- Half-yearly salary review
- Lunch, Weekly 2 holidays, Eid bonus
- Free access to Bohubrihi’s premium courses
Candidates are requested to send resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please elaborate on your previous work experience, specific tasks you are expert in, why you are a good fit for the role, etc. In the cover letter, you can also mention which of the mentioned responsibilities you had performed before.
Keep ‘Application: Accounts & Finance Executive’ as the email subject line. Please mention your expected salary (or your current/previous salary) in the cover letter.
Applications without resume, cover letter and expected salary will be rejected.
Deadline for application: September 26th, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in a task and a Zoom interview. The recruited candidate will start from October 2020.