Senior Software Engineer
Full Time (5 days/week)
Niketan, Gulshan, Dhaka
BDT 80k to 120k
About the company
Incorporated in 2019 by Yanur Islam Piash and Galib Hassan Khan, two alumnae of BUET, Bohubrihi is one of the popular e-learning platforms in Bangladesh, offering a wide range of courses on a diverse set of skills. In 2020, Bohubrihi launched its ‘Career Track Program’ to help the learners to be experts in a particular field by providing them training and complete guidance. Bohubrihi aims to provide their learners a more humanized experience with full-time mentor support, live discussions with the instructors, grooming sessions, counseling for job-hunting to even probable internship placements with partner companies, and personal feedback on every project done by the individual participants.
The Business Standard recently dubbed the platform as Bangladesh’s answer to Coursera. You can Learn more about the company and its founders on Future Startup.
Purpose of this hiring
Right now Bohubrihi is a host of over 100k students and 60 courses, making it one of the leading eLearning platforms in Bangladesh. And we’ve come this far using a website built with WordPress! For the past few years we’ve tested our products (especially the courses), got customer feedback, understood the market and successfully ensured early product-market fit.
Now it’s time for us to scale and strengthen that market-fit. To support our fast growth and ensure superior user experience at scale, we’ve started working on the first major iteration of our software product. We’re looking for a self-driven, growth-freak, jack-of-all-trade Software Engineer to lead the development of Bohubrihi v2. This person will play the leading role in building a superior eLearning platform that can scale and compete globally. Please do not apply if you aim any lower than that.
We’re looking for someone who -
- has over 2 years of software development experience
- is capable of building an end-to-end solution, being involved in all stages and all areas of software development
- has exposure to different front-end and back-end technologies, but has solid expertise in at least one stack
- has a Bachelor degree in CSE, Software Engineering or relevant fields
We value Engineers who -
- can build and lead a team; has decent business acumen
- has high-level project management skills; can work with minimal or no supervision
- has the ambition of growing with the company and potentially claiming the position of Team Lead / CTO in the coming days
- can communicate well, explain and defend her/his technical decisions
- takes pride in his/her ability of learning new things and taking new challenges going beyond the comfort zone
- is flexible and can adapt in a fast-paced, unstructured startup environment
What makes Bohubrihi a great place to work -
- The opportunity of growing with a very ambitious, young and welcoming team
- You’ll build and own products that will transform lives of millions of people in the coming years
- Yearly salary review
- 2 festival bonuses
- Flexible & friendly work environment
Application Process (Read Carefully)
Please send the following items at email@example.com –
- Technical Resume
- Cover Letter
- (optional) Expected/Current Salary Range
In the cover letter, please elaborate on your previous work experience, why you’re a good fit for the role, why you’re applying, and your perspective/philosophy/approach towards software development. Please also give a brief (in less than 50 words) description of the tech stack you would choose for Bohubrihi 2.0 and the reason why this stack should be the future for Bohubrihi 2.0! You can even convince us to keep the current WordPress if you want!
If you do not meet one or two criteria mentioned above, please be open about it in the cover letter.
Keep ‘Application: Senior Software Engineer’ as the email subject line.
Applications without resume and proper cover letter will be rejected.
We’re continuously evaluating applications and will close the application window as soon as we find the right match.