Full Time (5 days/week)
BDT 50,000 to 70,000 (deserving candidates can be offered 70k+)
Who are we?
Bohubrihi is an EdTech company that offers professional online courses, career-track programs and corporate eLearning services to help people master new skills and accomplish more in life. With 50+ courses and 80k+ registered students, Bohubrihi is one of the leading eLearning platforms in Bangladesh offering high-quality courses across disciplines and The Business Standard recently dubbed the platform as Bangladesh’s answer to Coursera.
You can Learn more about the Company and its co-founders on Future Startup.
Purpose of this hiring
We have come this far (80k students) using a website built with WordPress! To support our fast growth and ensure superior user experience at scale, we are planning version 2.0 of our platform using Python & Django. We are looking for a self-driven, growth-freak, jack-of-all-trade Software Engineer who can potentially lead the development of Bohubrihi v2.0 (keeping a focus on back-end).
In 2021, this person will play the leading role in building THE MOST SUPERIOR eLearning website of Bangladesh (superior in every sense). Please do not apply if you aim any lower than that.
We are looking for someone who -
- Has the ambition of growing with the company and claiming the position of Team Lead / CTO in the coming years
- Takes pride in his/her ability of learning new things every single day and taking new challenges going beyond the comfort zone
- Is flexible and can adapt in a fast-paced, unstructured startup environment
- Can explain technical concepts to non-technical team members
You must have -
- 12 to 18 months of software development experience
- Expertise on Python & Django
- Experience with API based architectures
- Working knowledge of MySQL & MongoDB
- Proper knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Bachelor degree in CSE, Software Engineering or relevant fields (degree requirements may be relaxed only for exceptionally skilled candidates)
You will be given preference if you also have -
- Working knowledge of AWS or any other public cloud
- Experience in working with front end JS frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, Vue)
You should apply for -
- The opportunity of growing with a very ambitious, young and welcoming team. You will build and own a tech that will help millions of people in the coming years – do not apply if this doesn’t excite you.
- Employee stock options (if you do become the CTO eventually, and we hope you do)
- Yearly salary review (the first review will be in 6 months)
- 2 festival bonuses
- Lunch & snacks
- Free access to Bohubrihi’s premium courses
Application Process (Read Carefully)
Please send the following items at firstname.lastname@example.org –
- Technical Resume
- Cover Letter
- (optional) Expected/Current Salary Range
In the cover letter, please elaborate on your previous work experience, why you are a good fit for the role, why you are applying, and your perspective/philosophy/approach towards software engineering. If you do not meet one or two criteria mentioned above, please be open about it in the cover letter.
Keep ‘Application: Software Engineer’ as the email subject line.
Applications without resume and proper cover letter will be rejected.
Deadline for application: February 28, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in the following rounds. The recruited candidate will start from April 2021.